Wednesday, May 18, 2005

WalkWalkWalk


walkwalkwalk
Originally uploaded by globalgirl246.

Now that the weather is most pleasant, every night when Desi and I get back uptown he's ready to go back out again and walk!! He's relentless while I change and gather together beverages and balls, "walkwalkwalkwalk", "gowalkgowalkgowalk", "gogogogogogo!" he'll stand by the door, follow me around the apartment, bring me shoes... All the while I give him assurances and the count down before we can leave, "first we have to change your diaper, then mommy's going to change her clothes..." These adults and their trappings!! He's happiest when we don't take the stroller and he can be big and free. He won't hold my hand, so I herd him with my body though I insist on carrying him when we cross the streets -- he's learning to accept that. We'll often go to the park, but sometimes we'll just run errands and he'll stop and play on any old thing along the street. He loves sitting on stoops and feet level window sills, loveslovesloves climbing stairs and recently hanging from any sort of railings or bars on ramps or stairs. He greets people and dogs and jabbers excitedly about how happy he is, flinging his arms, rolling his head; "happy!" is his newest word.

This series of photos was actually taken last Saturday while in Inwood Hills Park. We ran into some friends and Desi got to sit on the medium sized bike. He loves bikes -- points them out to me all the time, "bike!". Hoping to get him a little Kettler or a foldable tricycle. Also, one pic shows his first Elmo toy, or rather, as he calls him, "LaLa" after the catchy little tune Elmo sings. Elmo is cool.

Photos