Wednesday, November 03, 2004

WALKING!!
Our man may have stopped short at the White House steps today but Desmond Jones is gaining ground fast!
Nathan just called me, his voice clear and upbeat, "Desmond just took eight steps across the room!!" No warning that this was developing with such speed. He has been confidently pushing his walker up and down the hallway and cruising around with the support of furniture or walls. Over the past few weeks he has tentatively taken a step here and there, always falling after one. I've only seen him take 2 consecutive steps twice. Today, Nate said they were in the bedroom and he was going after a peice from the stereo remote (the removable panel to the batteries) and he simply walked. The word rings in my mind with such wonder...my baby simply walked. I do hope he'll have the energy tonight to demonstrate. What a THRILL!

1 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

my heavens...this little man will be running the 400 before you know it. way to go DJ!
-JD's mommy

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home