Friday, June 10, 2005

Playground Pro


littleclimber
Originally uploaded by globalgirl246.

Yesterday, Thursday, was a hothothot day. We've arrived. Another New York summer.

:::grimace:::

Des is a profuse sweater, like his dad. You'll see from the pics below how he glistens. He hasn't made any noticeable heat complaints and in the park he played as usual. Most of the parks up here have these great water fountain sprinklers for cooling off and they have all been turned on since Memorial Day. Funny Desi though, he avoided it. I thought he'd love it! It was the first time he'd seen it -- may take time for him to get comfortable with the idea. He's become an expert climber on the play gyms -- he's only 18months old!! Climbing up these crazy 'ladders' like the big kids, it took my breath away. Takes after me perhaps -- loved climbing trees as a girl.... ahhhh... I've got some great pics of his progression up one of these 'ladders', eeeks, had to spring from my seat to spot him after taking the pic.

Oh, one cute story, as it's beginning to swelter in the apartment and we're trying to postpone the a/c usage till grandma&grandpajones arrive, we've pulled the fan out in the living room and of course DPJ wants to touch it. I decided to take a no nonsense approach and fiercely hollered at him when he went to put his fingers inside the fan, "NO!" It was a scary sound, believe me! Desi startled and looked at me then approached with this puzzling-concerned look on his face and says, "mamma? mamma?" as if something were wrong with me, his voice had a soothing gentleness to it. Then he puts his arms around me and hugs me, "mamma, mamma, ahhhh..... ahhhhh... mamma..." and gently patted my shoulder. It was the sweetest sweetest little demonstration of love and comfort. As he's still to young to control his impulses, he was back by the fan again within a few minutes so I again had to growl at him. He jerked away and fairly ran toward me, "mamma, mamma!" Throwing himself into my arms. I love him so much!!

Climber action shots

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home