Friday, August 19, 2005

desi&vanessa


desi&vanessa
Originally uploaded by globalgirl246.

Our first week back to New York City Vanessa came from Philadelphia to spend with us. She hung out with Desi while I returned to work. They got along famously, he calls her "nanny". V was so fun and gentle with Des and they did quite a bit of walking together, more than I think I'd be able to get him to do. He's taken to stopping and demanding to be picked up when he's out with me. Ugh! My pregnant self can barely take it for longer than a half a block.

Vanessa introduced him to the Harry Potter films and now he asks for them by name... but I've since had to return to them to the library. Opps. They also had a Star Wars viewing marathon -- a genre they both commonly have Nate to thank for as he's responsible for turning them both into junkies at very early ages. Desi now asks for the videos by saying, " watch Darth Vador" and then breathing as he does in the films. He's actually been doing the breathing for a long time -- something his dad taught him to do.

Vanessa had a crazy whirlwind turnaround once she got back to Philadelphia -- she had two days to pack and organize herself before flying off to Utah to attend college!! She's growing up! It's hard to believe I've known her since she was six and that so many things have changed during that time; all seems to be pretty much the same with me in comparison. Love that girl!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home