Thursday, October 27, 2005

Potty Boy


pottyboy 10.26
Originally uploaded by globalgirl246.

As far as the potty dialogue goes, we've been warming up with a very toddler-geared book. We've also begun using it more in our language, i.e. pointing out our own usage, etc. I haven't done much parent-geared reading on the subject yet so I have no game plan beyond making the topic a familiar one. I've also thought Des might just lead me along when he's ready for more than just talk.

This morning we were reading the potty book and 3/4ths of the way through, he stopped me and directed me to get down his potty, which has been stored in it's box in a corner of our foyer -- Grandma Jones actually bought it this summer while visiting. We brought it into the living room looked at the pictures on the outside. He then instructs me to "open mommy with scissors". He even pointed out to me where the scissors were and I opened the box. He inspected the new potty, we talked about all it's parts and functions. He sat on it and showed great interest.

We then moved into the kitchen and had breakfast. I told him we'd try and use the potty before his bubblebath. He was excited and after breakfast we brought the potty into the bathroom and I told him to sit on it and go pee-pee. He did and sat there concentrating for about 20 or so seconds. I didn't hear anything. But when he stood up, there it was... pee-pee!!! I was so startled. I cheered&cheered -- he really felt proud! I felt proud! The rest of the day he practiced, with no results. But it seems he's ready, perhaps, for greater potty things!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home