Friday, January 28, 2005

desi&jonathan


playingwithjonathan2
Originally uploaded by globalgirl246.

We went over to Jonathan's yesterday about 4pm to play while Emma went to an audition. The boys had both just taken a 1 hour nap so I felt they were both in good shape to play. We started out in the kitchen with an egg carton full of cheerios. Jonathan was sitting quietly munching; Desi was grabbing handfuls, knocking them all over the floor and shoveling them into his mouth -- eventually he began to walk all over the carton too. After a bit of that (!) we made our way into the living room where they maneuvered up&down on the stairs (it's a bit sunken), played with toys and sat in the window sill. I thought I'd grab a minute at the computer to check email. Meanwhile they had moved back up into the foyer where Jonathan has a big cardboard box cut into a little house with windows and a door. I heard screams. Oh Desi! Not sure what happened but Jonathan was in tears and Desi was in earnest to comfort him, leaning in with kisses and an aggressive-comforting arm. I could see he was sorry but Jonathan didn't want to be near him at all!! I really had to wrestle him outta Desi's tough love embrace and we moved off to the couch. Jonathan was soon happy again with more cheerios before him. Whew! It's still just extraordinary and new to me -- my baby's little socialself -- I honestly don't know what he will do or how to encourage or discourage effectively. It's very strange. I understand that we, as a family, are quite physical in our affections. Plenty of wrestling tussles and embraces, we can't keep our hands or lips off this baby! He spends most of his energies trying to get out of our embraces! But with increasing frequency, when he's with other children, there seems to be this magnet where *he* wants to touch, embrace, kiss and connect into their space and its startling -- for me and the object of his affections!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home