Monday, January 31, 2005

Baby's First Fever


imsick
Originally uploaded by globalgirl246.

Saturday morning Desi woke up feeling a little hot -- but we weren't sure. It had never happened before! Nate left to go teach his class and baby and I went through our morning routine, some play, a hearty breakfast, bathtime and then "down-tempo" time leading up to morning nap. He fell asleep about 10am, which is his usual time. While he slept I commenced on ambitious cleaning -- I hadn't felt like cleaning for awhile (I recently had strep throat). Nate returned from his class about 12:30 and Desi was still asleep. He averages anywhere from about 45 minutes to 2hours. Nate soon left again to do some Home Teaching. I occasionally watched the clock but mostly hurried and scurried to get things done. When Nate returned from Home Teaching and Desi was still asleep (3 1/2 hours!!) we knew he was probably sick. When he finally awoke he was burning up! Nate snuggled with him on the couch while I quickly went through the baby book on what to do. We took his temp -- poor guy -- and he was @ 102.4. We then gave him lunch, pushing the liquids. He ate normally (a lot) and then an hour or so later we took his temp again and it was @ 102.8! We gave him childrens tylonol. There were no other symptoms, he was very docile, cuddly, not fussy at all. I have to admit, I enjoyed his new cuddly personality!! When I'd pick him up and he'd immediately hold me tightly around the neck and rest his head on my shoulder; sitting down and I'd hold him in my lap and he'd relax and snuggle back. I think perhaps he learned a bit about the value and comfort of a snuggle. Desi and I ended up missing church on Sunday. He slept for only 45 minutes for his morning nap and about an hour for his late afternoon one. His temperature was steadily going down and his spirits and physical activity up! He even helped me bake some bread. This morning he seemed back to normal and ready to give his daddy a good challenging game of "lets throw the cup" from his highchair!
view photos (http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=etiqe5t.7cw69lt9&x=1&y=ul9c7s)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home